Wednesday, March 10, 2010

...& Brasswind Visit

So yesterday, I visited the Woodwind and Brasswind store in South Bend. Wow.

I wish I would have had my camera with me, because it is almost indescribable. The tuba room was simply awesome: literally 30+ tubas in this one room. I spent 4 hours playing around on F tubas and CC tubas. I would have loved to look through the other rooms, but I just ran out of time. I found a couple of horns that I really enjoyed. One was the MW 45-SLZ (you are right Josh, this horn sounds fantastic), which was a rotary valve F. I also liked the MW Kodiak F and the Miraphone Petrushka, but my favorite was that 45-SLZ. Some CC tubas I tried were Miraphone 188, 1291 in silver, 1292, MW Thor, 2155, Gronitz PCK, and Besson 995 (German-made). I also tried out the MW Travel F... it is ridiculously small, and plays pretty well. Overall, it was a fun trip. Now I have to get ready for my last audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment