Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Audition #2 Done

Greetings from South Bend, Indiana and Eastern time.

Holy cow, has it really been 2 weeks since I blogged?

Yesterday was a long day of driving. I started at 9am from Wayne and got to Iowa City at about 3pm for my audition. I didn't realize that the 'old mall' that UI's school of music had relocated to temporarily was just that: an old shopping mall. After the audition and stopping to fuel up (again), change, eat, &c, &c, I left from Iowa City at about 6pm, and drove to Indiana through southern Chicago, arriving in South Bend at about 10:45pm CST (11:45 local time). What a long drive!

The audition went very well, and I feel that I showed off what I was capable of. I played through Hindemith 1 and 3 with a few mistakes, but tried to keep it very musical, and Marcello 1 and 2 went just a bit better. I really felt like I NAILED the orchestral excerpts (Ride, Die Meistersinger, Symphonic Metamorphosis, and Prokofiev 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment